We accept applications for our MSc program only from individuals who have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status. We are unable to accept applications for this program from individuals who require a student visa to study in Canada.
The minimum criteria for the MSc Program are as follows:
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- A cumulative average of at least B+ (at UBC 76%) over the last two years of a four-year undergraduate degree, or at least 12 credits in the A- grade range (at UBC 80%) in courses at the 300 level or above
- Prerequisite coursework in specific content areas
- Online prerequisite course(s):
- Audiology stream: AUDI 402 or equivalent (offered in January and May)
- Speech Language Pathology stream: AUDI 402 and 403 or equivalent (402 is offered in January and May; 403 is offered in March)
- Meet with or observe audiologists AND speech-language pathologists at work
- Demonstrated English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers only) , see Application Checklist, Step 6
Most successful applicants exceed the above minimum criteria.