Explore a Career in Audiology
What is Audiology?
Audiology is the science of hearing, and the diagnosis and management of hearing loss. It includes a wide variety of subjects, including: acoustics; noise pollution; diseases and defects of the ear; effects of hearing loss on speech and language development; hearing aids and assistive listening devices.
Audiologists work with patients of all ages, from newborns to centenarians. They work in a variety of settings, from private practices, to publicly-funded health and education sites.
As a profession, audiology:
- Is a one-on-one helping career
- Is in high demand
- Pays well (avg. $77,000 per annum)
- Provides opportunities to work in publicly-funded health or education programs, or in private practice
- Allows workplace and work-week flexibility
- Invites creative and practical application of the sciences
For further career information contact: