AUDI 402 (3 credits) Neuroanatomy for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
AUDI 402 is an overview of neuroanatomy and functional neuroanatomy with emphasis on neuroanatomy related to hearing and speech mechanisms. This course is offered online twice a year, beginning in January and May. Please note that this course may require prerequisite course content.
AUDI 403 (1.5 credits) Introduction to Neurolinguistics
AUDI 403 addresses historical and current issues in studying the neuroanatomical substrates associated with language processing, including brain imaging, localization, and laterlization of language functions. This course is offered online each year, beginning in March. Please note, this course may require prerequisite course content.
AUDI 402 and/or AUDI 403 Registration Information
Ensure that you have completed (or are currently completing):
For AUDI 402, at least one of the following prerequisites:
- Sensation (UBC course: PSYC 367) or equivalent
- Perception (UBC course: PSYC 368) or equivalent
- Speech Science (UBC course: LING 313 and LING 314) or equivalent
- Fourth-year student standing, with both Anatomy and Physiology completed
For AUDI 403 all of the following prerequisites:
- Linguistic Theory and Analysis I or equivalent (UBC course: LING 200)
- Linguistic Theory and Analysis II or equivalent (UBC course: LING 201)
- Neuroanatomy or equivalent (UBC Course: AUDI 402 Note: this can be taken concurrently with AUDI 403)
NOTE: There will be a change in registration procedures for these two courses (beginning in 2018); please refer back to this website in August 2017 for the new registration process.