Clinical Education Strategies: Putting Ideas into Practice
The following is a collection of resources for clinical educators regarding the education process. These resources are meant to assist in the implementation of educational strategies when working with SASS students.
The School welcomes feedback from clinical educators as to which of these resources are helpful. Information regarding additional effective approaches is also welcomed.
Please send feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The First Clinical Experience: Easing the Transition from Classroom to Clinic
- What Students Need to Know about the Supervisory Process (and Why)
- Building Student Self-Confidence: How you can help
- Do You see What I See? Ideas for Guiding Observations
- Observing the Student Clinician
- Examining Your Teaching Style
- Student Learning Styles
- Collaborative Planning: Ideas for the Clinical Educator & Student Clinician
- Giving Feedback
- Teaching Procedural and Technical Skills
- Fostering Reflective Practice and Clinical Reasoning in Student Clinicians
- Maximizing Interdisciplinary Learning in Clinical Externships
- Beyond One-to-One Clinical Education
- Clinical Education: What’s in it for you as a professional?